Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the holidays that I cannot live without is CHRISTMAS! Christmas is and had always been the best time of the year, and I am not talking about the presents under the Christmas tree, but the spirit and atmosphere. I wish everyday had Christmas spirit, but it would impossible in reality. I cannot wait for it to come. Karissa and I share the same feelings:
"There is so much waiting and anticipation for Christmas day to come. There's so much preperation and shopping that goes into this one day and before you know it, it's over. This is pretty much the only thing I don't like about this time of the year. I always feel sad when Christmas day is over, but i know it will eventually come again."
 There are many factors that add to the joy on Christmas. There are the Christmas songs, that I cannot ever get sick of. Like Jingle Bells, Roudolph The Red Nose Raindeer, All I want For Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town...etc. The ringing of Christmas music and the bells automatically brings happiness in the air. I wonder if there is a chemical relationship in the brain connected with this, like when we smile the brain releases this chemial that makes us happy. It is an unexplainable relaxed happiness. I also love decorating the tree and the house. The dark green richness of the tree matches with multicolors of red, green, white, gold... and then the shimmering angel on top. There is also the food on Christmas that I cannot even begin to explain. Most of all, I enjoy being with my family and friends, just enjoying the warmth of the house and talking with relatives that I have not seen in a long time. This is the only time that I like the cold weather. The frosty mistyness of the air makes it Christmas. I wish the whole town would snow and that everyone would dress up in all their Christmas clothes and say Merry Christmas to one another with the music everywhere like in movies. That would be so cool.  Christmas comes and goes in a flash, but its about to come again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment