Saturday, December 11, 2010

Futures: Response to Jay's response to Shiyun

 Jay, your response post made me think a lot:
"This was interesting to me because I feel that a lot of people think about their futures during this period of their life. Right now, I feel that there are a lot of people right now within my age group that are thinking about their futures, and are wondering what will happen to them in the future. Such as, will I pass this class? Will I get into this college? etc etc. I feel that these sort of worries are sometimes stressful and somewhat annoying because they stress you out and they start getting annoying after a while. I feel that it is sometimes important however, because it reminds you of your goals in life and it keeps you in your "road to your goals" and it makes it so that you will never seem to lose your goals in life and so that you will never seems like an aimless person in life that just drifts around." - Jayyy

Jay is right- lately, I have been thinking about my future. Actually, I have been reminded to think about it starting in middle school. That was the period that was most stressed for my sisters. They were in my current grade, trying to figure out exactly where they want to go in life. It is a difficult choice. So many questions pops in my head when I start to think about my future. It seems contagious and soon enough I had too, caught the phobia of thinking about my future. What makes futures so terrifying is the thought of failing. What if I don't succeed and I go on a wrong path? What am I going to become? And I still don't have it figured out and I'm in 10th grade. My parents always told me its better to know earlier, or if not, pick something that is neutral. But guess what? I'm not ready for college and all the pile of stress. I still want to stay in high school, procrastinate, and be given chances when I mess up. Thinking about the future means I have to either sooner or later break out of all the bad habits, develop more effective ones, and become devoted. It means I have to take things seriously and not be lazy. I cannot even begin to think of what lies ahead. Sometimes, I think I twist it into a bigger fear than it really is because my sisters are doing great in college and she seems to balance everything out that it's like a piece of cake for her, and she's loving it. But the least I know is that thinking about futures earlier is better than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment