Friday, September 17, 2010

Soldiers and Their Lives- Respone to Amber G.

Amber's Recent post fascinated me. She opened my mind a little bit wider into thinking in different perspectives. As I was reading her post, I temporarily put myself into these soldiers' shoes. Amber says:
"I hate that I feel slightly ashamed of what my blood is out there doing. The truth is, I don't know what is going on on the battlefield. I don't know what they are doing, I don't know what they're thinking, so I don't know how to respond. Also I feel terrible because now every person that watched the video today has had to think at least once today "Damn, those soldiers are awful." We shouldn't have to doubt our own country. We shouldn't have to doubt the people protecting it."
Amber makes many points here. She talks mostly about right and wrong, whether the soldiers are doing what is moral or immoral. Do soldiers even give a thought about this question? Whatever they have done, even if it is wrong, I view these soldiers as brave people who are risking their own lives for us. They are the ones who gave up everything for people like us to do what we want in our lives. We can go shopping, watch movies, and watch television all night without a care, because of them. It is true that they are killing innocent lives. How are they able to do it, knowing that the people they are killing are innocent? Of course it is hard killing one person and one million people. Especially killing them in gruesome ways like blowing up their body parts. I can imagine the immense pain in acknowledging that I have ruined a person's life forever. I don't think soldiers actually want to do this job. It is both emotionally and physically painful. Again, they are killing people so that we don't have to. Many veterans come back home damaged emotionally and physically. I have read that even when veterans are at home they would often drift into the military mode and go insane with weapons, living with a constant fear. Even more come back without certain body parts or intense body dysfunctions. For example, a veteran came back home without a face to his waiting fiance. They were married, but because of his uncontrollable emotional damage, his wife divorced him. I am sure that this man have killed innocent lives as well, and he did it to protect us while sacrifices his life to be a normal man with a family. 

Amber, you should be proud of your blood because your family are the ones that did what is best for the majority. I don't think many people can be like them. I cannot stress how much veterans are giving up. We should all be extremely grateful to have people like her family members risking their everything for us to have ordinary lives. We should make the best out of this gift and give back to the soldiers.

It's nice to know that they can have some fun sometimes:)--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHXgFU7qNI

2 comments: